1. preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. peel kohlrabis and cut into fry-sized spears.
3. drizzle olive oil (less than a teaspoon — just enough to coat), and toss in bowl.
4. sprinkle chili powder, cumin, and sea salt, and toss again to coat evenly.
5. spread evenly on cookie sheet, and bake in oven for 30 minutes or so, until desired tenderness.
6. serve with chipotle mayonnaise or lime-cilantro-yogurt sauce.
I finally have a crockpot, and the idea of chicken tortilla soup really appealed to me, so I read through a bunch of recipes, and after compiling my own list of ingredients, settled on this:
Add to crockpot:
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- one yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, finely chopped
- 15 ox can black beans
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes (with chillies if possible)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours. Remove chicken thighs, and pull meat from the bone. Return chicken to crockpot, mix, and serve. Add crumbled tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, and cilantro (as pictured) or avocado, sour cream, lime, etc.